What is Affirm?
Affirm is a financing alternative to credit cards and other credit-payment products. Affirm offers instant financing for online purchases to be paid in fixed monthly installments over 3, 6, or 12 months.
Why buy with Affirm?
Buy and receive your purchase right away, and pay for it over several months. This payment option allows you to split the price of your purchase into fixed payment amounts that fit your monthly budget.
If Affirm approves your loan, you'll see your loan terms before you make your purchase. See exactly how much you owe each month, the number of payments you must make, and the total amount of interest you'll pay over the course of the loan. There are no hidden fees.
The application process is secure and real-time. Affirm asks you for a few pieces of information. After you provide this information, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount that you're approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months that you have to pay off your loan -- all within seconds.
You don't need a credit card to make a purchase. Affirm lends to the merchant directly on your behalf.
You may be eligible for Affirm financing even if you don't have an extensive credit history. Affirm bases its loan decision not only on your credit score, but also on several other data points about you.
Affirm reminds you by email and SMS before your upcoming payment is due. Enable Autopay to schedule automatic monthly payments on your loan.
What is required to have an Affirm account?
Be 18 years or older (19 years or older in Alabama or if you're a ward of the state in Nebraska).
Not be a resident of Iowa (IA) or West Virginia (WV).
Provide a valid U.S. or APO/FPO/DPO home address.
Provide a valid U.S. mobile or VoIP number and agree to receive SMS text messages. The phone account must be registered in your name.
Provide your full name, email address, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your social security number to help us verify your identity.
How does Affirm work?
2. Affirm prompts you to enter a few pieces of information: Name, email, mobile phone number, date of birth, and the last four digits of your social security number. This information must be consistent and your own.
3. To ensure that you're the person making the purchase, Affirm sends a text message to your cell phone with a unique authorization code.
4. Enter the authorization code into the application form. Within a few seconds, Affirm notifies you of the loan amount you're approved for, the interest rate, and the number of months you have to pay off your loan. You have the option to pay off your loan over three, six, or twelve months. Affirm states the amount of your fixed, monthly payments and the total amount of interest you'll pay over the course of the loan.
5. To accept Affirm's financing offer, click Confirm Loan and you're done.
Does Affirm perform a credit check? Does it impact my credit score?
Although Affirm performs a credit check when you apply for a loan, this won't impact your credit score. However, if you're approved and decide to buy with Affirm, your loan and payments may affect your credit score. Paying on time can help you build a positive credit history.
Why was I denied financing by Affirm?
The merchant has no information regarding a customer's financing denial. Affirm strives to offer all credit-worthy applicants financing with Affirm, but isn't able to offer credit in every case. Affirm will send you an email with more details about its decision. Unfortunately Affirm's decision is final.
Why is my bank not listed?
Although Affirm is continually adding support for additional banks, they aren't able to connect to every bank at the present time. We apologize for the inconvenience. If you're unable to connect your bank, you'll need to complete your purchase with another payment method.
How do I make my payments?
2. Enter your mobile phone number. Affirm sends a personalized security PIN to your phone.
3. Enter this security PIN into the form on the next page and click Sign in.
4. After you sign in, a list of your loans appears, with payments that are coming due. Click the loan payment you would like to make.
5. Make a payment using a debit card or ACH bank transfer.